We visited Santa Fe last week for my in-laws' 40th wedding anniversary. We stayed at a beautiful house right outside of downtown Santa Fe. It was my first time being out in the southwest area. It was so interesting to experience being in a completely different part of the country. It really gives you perspective on how big this country is.
Santa Fe To-Dos:
- Chimayo - cute little town with a beautiful chapel. Known for their chile.
- Meow Wolf - psychedelic art installation. Fun for adults!
- Rafting on Rio Grande - highly recommended!
- Bandelier National Monument - walk around the Main Loop Trail. You can climb ladders into cliff dwellings.
- White Rock Overlook - Our bus driver told us it had a "million dollar view"--he was right!
- Tsankawi Ruins Trail - Really fun hike with great views, kiva ladders, cavates, petroglyphs, and pottery pieces laying around the trail!